Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My birthday.

I usually begin planning my birthday months in advance.  This year was no different.  BUT... I was very indecisive.  So, in an email to the girls with multiple options to choose from I came up with the PERFECT plan.  My birthday was on a Sunday this year (PERFECTION!) so I thought of a full day of St. Louis shopping.  Everyone has very busy schedules- some months it's impossible to find one night that we can all make it so I wasn't holding my breath that everyone could do that option.  BUT I WAS WRONG!!  It was everyone's favorite.  It was like a mini vacation.  

We left at 9am and got to STL in time for lunch at CPK!  Shopped till we dropped and then headed to dinner at PF Changs.  Seriously, it doesn't get better than that!

Thanks girls for making my birthday 12 hours of perfection!
I'm just going to say a blurb about each person & how we make up the most perfect "mom's group"

Melissa & I
We always call Melissa our Bree Vandekamp off Desperate Housewives.  She is always put together, has a pristine home (even with 3 young kids!) and is the perfect soccer mom.  However, she has the personality & sweetness of a best friend.  She is one that you can call in the middle of a situation and she will be there to help out in every way possible.


Heather.  (Thank you for being our perfect driver on some slick roads!)  Heather is an amazing support.  She's always encouraging.  She's my best friend, sister and THE person I can tell anything and do anything with.  I start to have withdraws if we don't see each other everyday :)


Kristin & Shana.  
Kristin is our comedian.  She makes us laugh so hard we are crying & our stomachs feel like we just did an abs workout.  Nothing is off limits (much to our husbands demise).  
Shana is our girl that is always up for anything!  The more the better! She always has the best pair of jeans- and the latest haircut.  She is also one that would drop anything to help support one of us.


Deidre.  Our DIY girl.  If you need remodeling or anything home decorating advice she is our girl.  And she will get it done.  She has a heart of gold and is a giver.  She seems to have more hours in her days.  She is constantly tackling another project, buying or selling on craigslist or planning a garage sale.


Girls, you all make my life brighter, easier, funnier, and help me be a better mom & wife.  I love you all dearly!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a little bit about Heidi-birthday girl! She is a giver! Completely self-less. And her heart is bigger than most! She lives & loves to the n-th degree and is thrilled with the simple things. Love you so much Sister! H

Heidi said...

Thank you. "completely self-less" might be a stretch! I'm the one that plans MY BIRTHDAY months in advance :)

kera said...

What a perfect day for you!!! AND what a beautiful tribute to each special girl in your life!! I COMPLETELY agree with Heather!! YOU my friend are such a giver, have the biggest heart, and bring JOY JOY JOY to all those around you!! LOVE YOU!