Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Integrity from a 6 year old

We just got word of this tonight.  It happened at school today and Jackson's teacher told Papa (my dad) when he was working over at the school.

There were some boys that were misbehaving.  Ms. Pam saw this (not Jackson) and made them all put their heads down on their desk.  A moment later Jackson raised his hand and Ms. Pam called on him.  He said "Ms. Pam I was doing that too" and puts his head down on his desk like the other boys.

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else is looking.  I would love to say that I, his mother, have taught him this lesson.  And I truly hope I have.  I think it is the single best lesson we can teach our children.

I really wonder if he would have done that at home for me?!  He sure loves and respects Ms. Pam.

3 comments:

Dave said...

That's just too sweet for words.

Good job, Jackson!

Good job, Heidi & Nate!

kera said...

I'm crying and smiling.....what a sweet and VERY good boy you guys have raised! AND what a proud momma moment!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I'm crying too! Tears of joy & pride for a little man I get to call my nephew.