Monday, January 10, 2011

Ice Skating!

Sunday was our first trip to the ice rink since... high school!  Which was a long time ago!  Robb & his boyfriend Elder are in town so they were excited to go too.  Robb hadn't been since high school either!  And it was a first for the kids.  Jackson's school is going on tuesday so I thought it would be a good idea to give him some practice.

We all loved it!  I'm not sure who loved it more- the kids or Elder- but we all had a great time!  I didn't get a lot of pictures with the camera because I was too nervous on the ice w/ it.  I got some video on my phone if I can figure out how to put it on here. 

Nathan was helping Jackson the first time around the ice and the poor boy could not get the hang of it!  He could barely stand on the ice.  So, I'm thinking... this is going to be a LONG hour+!  I bet he fell over 30 times and probably more.  By the second lap around he had improved SO quickly and he was good from there.  His biggest problem by the end was trying to go too fast and get off balance.

Addison was the same way.  She started out going VERY slow but didn't fall as much as Jackson.  By the second lap she was doing it by herself.  She LOVED it.  And we are already planning a birthday celebration there in a few weeks.

That leads me to the show stopper.  I saw Nathan helping Jackson off the ice.  He had fallen and hurt his arm.  Then he started crying and wouldn't stop.  Telling us it hurt really badly right below his elbow. And anytime he moved it he started crying worse. Addison of course asked him if it was "nurse maid" elbow so we quickly ruled that out :)  We ended up all packing up (quickly) and rushing back to Columbia (ice rink is 30 min away) to get to the urgent care.  I was sure something was fractured or broken.  We get into urgent care and as I'm paying he is perking right up and moving his arm just fine.  We decided to see the Dr. anyway since we were there & had paid.  They took xrays but everything looked fine.  This morning he woke up with some pain and I think he must have bruised it (maybe jammed it??) badly.  He's already talking about ice skating tomorrow with his school.


Robb & Elder ready to skate!


Addi & Daddy

Jackson anxiously waiting for them to resurface the ice!

Elder loving life!

Addison the ice skater.

 Couldn't get a picture of Jackson before he got hurt....

On the way to Urgent Care.  Daddy made a really great sling!

No comments: