Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Tree Decorating 2009

It takes us several hours to put the actual tree up (its a hand-me-down from my parents 8+ yrs ago and I just can't stand the thought of buying a new one!). So, this year we got smart and did it in two nights. The first night Nate & I put it up and the second one was for the kids. They had SO much fun decorating it. Jackson claimed the boy color balls and Addison got the pink & purple ones. Jackson blanketed one tiny section with every ball & ornament he had. We would attempt to sneak them away but he would catch us and get upset! So, later that night Nathan re-distributed. The next day Jackson figured it out...
Addison kept saying "It's so beautiful (bu-ti-fol)". She has to have the lights ON all the time! Nathan also put lights on the outside this week. It's so BU-TI-FOL! I love the christmas season- the lights, the music, the giving, the warm drinks and food, the Salvation Army workers collecting money at each shop, and all that the season brings! I am so blessed to be surrounded by the best friends and family a girl could ever dream!
Addi's year to put the star on!
Kitty wanted to pose in a picture. meow.

2 comments:

kera said...

i just said this to your sister too but don't you just LOVE that they are old enough to get excited about decorating the tree and all the oohhh's and aawww's that come along with it. we decorated ours tues night and the girls were absolutely giddy about the whole process. it such simple fun family time that really warms your heart!!!

Heidi said...

Kera, I do love it so much now! The tree decoration night is always special to me and I love christmas traditions all around. I just love everything about this season and a child brings out the best in it all!!