Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas w/ Nana & Papa

Since the Figs were heading to Massachusetts we did Christmas early this year.  It didn't stop us from keeping our traditions.  Mom made her traditional mexican feast (I think it gets better every year!) and we had a great evening.  The kids are getting more excited the older they get and dinner was WAY too LONG and boring for them!  I can remember this SO vividly as a child.  Mom & Dad and Grandpa & Grandma would eat SO SLOWLY and talk and talk and talk.  So, I could feel their pain :)  


  Cousins.  And best of buds.


 I always love when the kids gather around Grandma & Grandpa.  And always try to snap a shot.

Heather bought mom a picture cover (of the 4 grandkids) for her iphone.  
I have to record this moment.  Mom said "This is the BEST present I've EVER gotten!".  If you've ever bought a present for my mom you know how HUGE this statement is.  And Heather will carry this the rest of her life.  Mom is the hardest person to shop for!

Another present of the night!  Hess Helicopter! Very happy boy. Thanks Auntie! 

Auntie hit the jackpot with presents this year.  Girl lego's for Addi!  She had the house and car built before we left Nana & Papa's! 

Us cousins used to play Wahoo on a board just like this that my grandpa had made YEARS ago (same board that my grandpa had YEARS before I was born).  This year he made boards for all the grandkids.  Favorite gift of the year for me.  And what memories we will make with this board!

I also gave some good gifts this year :)  When you give Parker a great gift you will know it.  When you do not give Parker a good gift... you will know it.  Immediately.  LOVE this boy!   

Another great gift... Thanks Nana!  Lap workspace. 

Love these two lovebirds.  SO MUCH.  And feel SO blessed to have them near us.  And especially this year... they didn't leave for Florida so we've had them the whole season! 



2 comments:

kera said...

I LOVE that board from your grandpa......lifetime of memories for sure!! Ok so as I saw the pic of your mom I totally thought.....ooooo someone finally got it!! The kids are so sweet & I swear Jax is growing like a weed!! Addis outfit is Soooo cute!

Unknown said...

Love the pic of the cousins with Addi stylin in the front!