Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Full of Blessings.

I watched Oprah's final show.  One thing she said struck me.  We all have a platform.  It might not be a daytime television show.  It might be a blog with 9 followers, or a platform of two small people, or a group of friends.  But we ALL have platforms that we can use in a positive way to make a difference- no matter how small.

So, this morning I had a little time to blog.  I have SO many posts to catch up on but feel I have to say a few words first.  Maybe just for myself in 10 years when I go back to read my blog.  Maybe just to get inside my head this morning and put my thoughts on paper...

I constantly think about Joplin.  Last week I launched into a mindset that I had to get down there and give something.  Ended up that it wasn't the time for me yet.  And we will certainly go (multiple times) as soon as we get the green light that they are ready for help.  I can't wait.  I feel helpless.

I am blessed beyond measure, beyond my thinking capability and blessed more than I think I deserve.  A good friend (Kristi) after the tornado ripped through TN had a difficult time understanding why it wasn't her & her family & her home.  Why had God spared her and not her neighbors?  Although Joplin is 4 hours away and I have only seen pictures and video and heard firsthand account I have the same thoughts.  Why did God send it (or allow Satan to) to Joplin and not Columbia Mo.  And this thinking sends me into a whirlwind of emotions.  We will never know while we are down on earth.  I have to think its because God has a plan for me.  He is using me in ways I'm not aware of yet.  I have to be willing to say yes to Him because that is what I am here to do.  I still have my children, my husband, my house, my family and all my belongings.  My life is extremely easy and full of everything I could ever need or want.

No comments: