Sunday, January 25, 2009

My 30th Birthday Party

Here are some pictures of my 30th birthday party.  It was so much fun- I was surrounded by my favorite people.  Nathan surprised me with merry maids (3 hours!!) earlier in the week so I didn't have to stress about the house cleaning.  The kids went off to both Grandma's throughout the day on friday which allowed me to cook and prep for the party- one of my favorite things to do.  Heather was my sous-chef all afternoon and Shana joined the prep fun for a few hours. Everyone (except Tim- Dee's husband- was sick) was able to get babysitters and come and make my birthday perfect.  And both Robb & Dave made the drive and got here just in time. It was the most perfect birthday.  
Melissa & me
Phil, the dj (and his beautiful wife)
I made everyone play Taboo!  I love games and it was so fun.  Girls won, of course!
Joan (mom in law/angel) organized a box for me.  Inside was messages from a bunch of friends & family writing "what I love about you...".  It BLEW me away and I still cannot believe it.  It was the best gift anyone has ever given me- and will always be so.  Thank you for each of you that wrote such a beautiful note to me.  I love you all!
Kristin & Dee
the spread.
My birthday cake.  If I may brag a little... it was THE BEST CAKE EVER!  It was a recipe out of Ina Garten (my mentor chef!).  The icing was the most creamy, fluffy... pure buttery goodness!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was an awesome day! so happy to be a part... the pictures look really nice- you must have a great photographer around.

Anonymous said...

how could i forget to mention your BD Cake.... when did you say you were making that again? what does mid march look like?? :)