Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Jackson's 1st Day of Preschool!

The call we've all been waiting for came and Jackson started pre-school last week. All a bit sudden for me (and Gram). Tomorrow will be his 2nd day. I asked him today if he was ready to go back and he said "not quite yet".
His first day went perfectly. Cousin Ashton was quite the nurturer and made sure Jackson knew everyone and what to do and when to do it. I stayed and watched him for the first hour but he never needed or wanted me. The teacher told me that when they were coming in from playing outside- around lunch time- Jackson asked if it was time for lunch. When she replied yes he said, "I brought my lunch in my lunchbox!". He was very excited about his new lunch box and packing a lunch.
I really think he will do great with pre-school. I think it will help build his confidence. He likes people to help him do things- and I'm very guilty of doing things for him. It has gotten better since sister came along but he sometimes wants more attention because sister is here- he wants to be the baby.
Speaking of the baby- which she is NOT anymore... she has two teeth now. It came in on Friday but really popped up yesterday. Addison is seeing a PT and we are working on her walking. She has a problem with her flat feet and they always face outward. We have our 2nd appointment with the PT tomorrow. I do exercises with her and try to build her muscles in her ankles and ankles.
Addy has started throwing things and is working through cause & effect. Oh, if I throw this it will be on the floor instead of in my high chair... how cool is that?! And then mommy has to pick it up! Yea for me! She finds throwing facinating. I find it extremely frustrating!
The picture is of Addison riding in the back of Jackson's BIG dump truck. He had been pushing her around before this picture. And then yesterday she was pushing him in the dump truck! They are quite the pair- Jackson can do NOTHING wrong in the eyes of little sister.

No comments: