Monday, October 22, 2012

St. Louis, fall, friends and a 13.1.

We had been looking forward to this weekend for months.  It was nearly perfect- about 3/4 perfect.  Because we were missing one VERY important person.  The person who organized this weekend from the beginning- from planning the race and weekend all the way down to planning our matchy match outfits.  Our great friend Kera not only injured her hip but could not put ANY weight on it at all.  So, not only could she not run with us but she couldn't make the trip either.

Despite our sadness that Kera & family could not come we still had a great weekend.  We were so happy that Kristi & family made the trip!  Kristi, Taylor and Lauren met us on Friday afternoon at the City Museum to start off a FUN weekend.  The City Museum is the coolest place ever.  Made out of anything & everything.  And there isn't a place in this tall building that is off limits to explore.  Their motto is "there is no map. GET LOST!"

Heather & boys on the Ferris Wheel ON TOP OF THE TALL BUILDING! SCARY!

My view.  I had to keep taking pictures so I wouldn't look around and FREAK OUT!

I was SNUGGLING with this boy.  He was WAY stronger than me up there!

You have to look closely and its still hard to get a view of how scary this is but the children are climbing up the side of this dome.  WAY up! Taylor led the way and Ashton, Jackson & Parker followed her up!

SWING!

Again. We are on TOP of this TALL building. And then these kids are ON TOP of this thing-y.

STL is beautiful this fall- even on top of buildings!

My only pic all weekend of ALL the kids- Parker, Ashton, Taylor, Addi, Jackson & Lauren.  5 adults. 6 kids. We were out numbered all weekend long.  It was obvious.  Just ask everyone in our hotel :)

Rock n Roll time!!

The park.  BEAUTIFUL!

A perfect day for the Arch.


630 feet up in the air! Tay & I were the only ones a lil freaked out.

In the SMALL TRAM- Tay & I are NERVOUS! Love Lauren's expression here!


Great view of Busch Stadium.

My favorite people.



We found this quaint and adorable restaurant last year.  Usually our pre-race dinners end up in a disaster of driving hours around town trying to find a great place without a 2 hour wait.  Two years in a row of easy, stress free, wonderful pre-race meal!

Carb loading!


Race morning.  Arch in front of us.  Perfect race start!  All sparkled out and ready to GO!

Does it look like my hips are breaking?! OUCH!  SO HAPPY to be done!  Thank you sister for pulling me through. And ordering me to get a good stretch by the PT tent afterwards.  I'm sorry I wasn't my usual race cheerleader self.

Perfect weekend filled with friends, family, beautiful skies and both fun & relaxing activities.  Kristi- Thank you SO much for making the trip with your girls.  I know it wasn't an easy drive and we SO appreciate you coming to our neck of the woods :) Love you & can't wait till our next adventure!

No comments: