Monday, October 22, 2012

Jackson's 8th birthday!

I can't even believe Jackson is 8 years old.  I would be sad.  But Jackson keeps getting sweeter and kinder and more caring and cooler by the year.  I'm so proud of who he is becoming.  He has a passion for anything in the air- especially aircraft- and biking has also become a passion of his.  Nathan & him have gone mountain biking several times and he loves it.  He is a lover.  Sometimes I am not so excited about his love for SO MANY things.  He treasures EVERYTHING- almost to the point of hoarding!  He could likely suffocate himself with all the animals he sleeps with- but each one is SO special to him and he COULD NOT sleep without any of them!

When he wanted a Chuck e. Cheese birthday I was not too excited.  However, I told him he could choose whatever he wanted.  Last year for his birthday we were stuck up in a hotel room w/ a 102 fever and he never got a party (except for a terrific uncle who decorated his hotel room the day before!).  Despite my CEC dismay we had a great time and it was SUPER easy for me.  I show up w/ the cake and the "party host" handled everything else! Jackson was treated like a star and loved every minute.

CEC is a very difficult place to get a good photo.  :(

LOVE his cake!  I usually make a cake for his birthday (and I still made a carrot cake for his school). But we saw this at HYVEE and instantly fell in love.


FUN!

Birthday boy


Party time!


Ticket blaster!  He got about 200 tickets in the blaster.  Then his "party host" Haleigh gave him 600 more!

A new specialized bike, helmet, legos, his own camelback, $$$, remote control helicopter, skateboard thingy, model cars, and much much more... made for one happy and grateful boy!

Our party host mentioned to me what polite and mannered kids we had at the party.  She said she doesn't see that much.  So, not only do I have a great kid but he has some great friends too!

No comments: