Thursday, February 17, 2011

Love Day

In the past, Nathan & I go out to dinner or I make a romantic dinner at home  on Valentine's Day (and kids spend the night w/ Gram).  This year we decided to switch it up a bit.  We did a fancy night at home w/ the family.  It was so much fun- and the kids LOVED it.  They both dressed up fancy (addison's favorite part) and Addison picked out both Nathan & I's outfits.  She has been wanting me to wear this velour/fur dress I have in the back of my closet and so I finally found the perfect place to wear it (home!)!

This is definitely a new tradition!


Menu: Sparkling pink lemonade
Aspargus w/ parm cheese (kids fave!)
Chicken & a simple pasta
bread &  butter


Sprinkles Cupcakes.  The look pretty.  I overbaked them :(  booo.

4 comments:

kera said...

THE BEST!!!! it's these little gestures that we do that they LOVE and rememember the most!! LOVE that you guys dressed up too! where's the pictures of your fur dress missy?!!!

Holly from Leaps of Faith said...

Where is a picture of the dress??? Looks like a PERFECT night!

papa said...

I was wondering the same thing Holly...does sound like a perfect evening!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Heidi said...

The FUR dress is OLD. And the only part of dress up I did was the dress! That is what I love the most about fancy night at home- no makeup or hair-do needed! I'll attempt to find a picture of the dress when I wore it back in 2001 :)