Monday, May 17, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day this year was a bit different.  I would have loved to have a lazy day being pampered- which is exactly what Nathan & the kids would have loved to do- BUT I (along with heather & dad) had a 70 mile bike ride on the schedule.  We decided to start it early to get it done.  We got home by 2pm and the picture below is how I spent the rest of my afternoon!  I came home to a beautiful new hammock (which is what I've wanted for years!), wonderful homemade cards from the kids and a beautiful card from my hubs. 

Jackson was SO sweet before I left on my ride.  He followed me around the house while I was getting ready so he could spend time with me!  It was precious and made me all warm inside thinking that he must really have wanted to be with me!

When I got home Nathan was making his famous strawberry 3 layer cake.  It was so beautiful and I'm sad that I didn't get a picture of it!  Everyone (mother's on both sides and 3 generations!) gathered for a HUGE meal prepared by the father's in the family.  That is a tradition of ours now.  It usually happens for brunch but this year with our training had to happen in the evening.  They make dinner just as well as they make brunch!  

It turned out to be a beautiful and perfect day!  I'm the luckiest mom ever!

a cooler day, reading a book, wrapped in a warm blanket and then a little nap listening to the birds sing.... doesn't get any better than that!

No comments: