Wednesday, August 3, 2011

GO Snappers!

This year we signed all the kids (I talk about the Fig boys as they are my own...) up for swim team.  I was a little nervous about Addison (since she is only 4) but knew she could swim.  We have been doing swim lessons for a month each year and are always impressed at how much they progress.  Until this year... one week of swim TEAM and they improved more than a whole summer of swim lessons!  It was amazing!  Their coaches this year were Mizzou swimmers!  The kids LOVED them!

We had our ups & downs of crying and refusing to participate (except Jackson- there was only a day or two when he was hesitant but it was mostly because the others were breaking down!).  Overall, it was a fantastic experience & the kids had a lot of fun!  

Every Wed night they had a swim meet with other pools.  Three of the nights we were at "home" (beach club) and three nights we went to other clubs.  It was SO much fun!  One meet there was a parent/snapper relay so of course Heather, Nathan & I suited up!  And friday was FUN day!

These pictures are all random and in no order!

This is friday fun day- the kids are huddling around to push their teachers in.

Poor Courtney got most of the pushing in!  But she knew how to give it back too!

Happy Swimmer!

All smiles from Ashton!

Addi & teacher Courtney jumping off together.

Friday fun day- the only day they let you go down in a 30 person train!!

This is the parent/snapper relay- we've got our team together ready to roll!

I'm in position!  Loved diving off the platform to begin!

Heather & her snappers!

Go Snappers!  Next year we'll really be on our game!

My Addi swimmer!!

Jackson with his breaststroke.  He is such a powerful swimmer!

Ashton waiting for his race.

I think this was Jackson's butterfly race he did at the end of the season! It was awesome!!

Addison in streamline position!

Theres parker swimmin' his little heart out!

1 comment:

Holly from Leaps of Faith said...

I just LOVE all these pics of my lil swimmers! Wish I could be there every week for their swim meets...I WILL be back next summer!