Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Michigan trip

This past weekend we packed up the Sequoia and headed up to Berrien Springs Michigan to visit my great friend Tonya and her beautiful family (husband Chris, Max- 3- and Monty- 1). We had a fantastic time, a perfect roadtrip and so many fun things to do. We hit the beach the first day, hit a pancake breakfast at the firestation where we toured every fire truck imaginable (Jackson's all time favorite part of our vacation), went to the park, had a birthday party for Monty and hit the lake right before heading home! It was a fun-filled trip with great hosts.
Thank you Snyders!!! We had a great weekend!
Tonya & her sweet Monty boy!
Chris brought us lunch. Pizza & sand... yummy :)
Beach bums. Jackson, Addison & Max
Me & Ton
Tonya made cupcakes and let the kids decorate. Great idea! The kids had a great time doing it!
Sparklers!! They were both nervous about the fireworks but did really great!
Addison wanted to "pretend" she needed a breathing treatment. The kids got sick (addison on the way up to Michigan) right before we left. About a minute into our trip Jackson said "Auntie told me it would be good to take my breathing machine on our trip". Nathan & I looked at each other and turned the truck around. Thank goodness. By St. Louis he was really needing a treatment.
Sweet pic of Addison
Jackson made an attempt at skiing! I was so proud of him. He drank a lot of water getting up the first time and didn't want to try again. My aunt Barb has a ski like that so I think we'll try again this next weekend!
Jackson & Daddy on the tube.

2 comments:

kera said...

What a fun trip!!! We grew up in Berrien and literally lived on Lake Michigan!!! We have lots of great memories! I also must add that it's very brave of you to let Jackson try to water ski! I'm envious....it makes me nervous to see your pictures....I know there is medication for this!!! See you in 1 week!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! The family one is really nice! Maybe some summer we'll make the trip to MI beach!!