Monday, April 27, 2009

Nashville Country Music 1/2 Marathon

Okay, these pictures are in opposite order.  We were not this happy the night before the race :)
Last weekend we met some friends from high school in Nashville for my (and Nathan's) first 1/2 marathon.  31,000 racers!!! It was insane.
We were all very nervous and anxious.  I had no idea what to expect- I knew that our training runs - especially the longest one of 10 miles really sucked- so I was just praying the crowd and people would help me get through 13.1 miles.  And they did!
I really had a great race.  My feet were my biggest complaint and they felt like I ran 13 miles without shoes.  On the contrary, Heather really had a hard race.  She didn't feel good from about mile 2 or 3 on.  We pulled each other through- like we always do.  It's so great to have such a wonderful running partner.  And I would never be doing this if it weren't for her.  We make each other get up at 5am twice a week and we don't let each other miss a weekend run.
We had a fantastic weekend and laughed most of it.  I haven't seen the girls in 8 or so years and it was like no time had passed.
More pictures to come.  I didn't have my camera after the race.  Although I'm not sure I want to post those pictures!!
Our times:   Heather & I 2h 33 min (our goal was 2h 30min)
Nathan 1h 57min!!!
Celebrating our run.  With Mexican food.
The runners.  Still a little nervous.
In the car at 5am.  Stuck in major traffic.  Ended up having to take a detour because we had already missed the shuttle.  Luckily, we made it on time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i loved every minute of this weekend! thats all.

Heidi said...

my most laugh-able moment.... the fountain :) heath, i'm not sure you REALLY LOVED every moment.... i know of a few you didn't so much love!! It was a good one though!