Saturday, April 14, 2007

House of Sick

Just as soon as we got the kids on medicine & well I started getting worse. Finally went to the doctor yesterday and was diagnosed w/ an ear infection. I can't hear a thing in my left ear and my voice is gone so Jackson has been saying "UH?" all day long for the past few days. He has bad cabin fever and is WIRED by 10am- through the rest of the day. I'm a little worried about his ears because he hasn't been listening... hmmm...is that just a 2 1/2 year old that's been couped up all week? Addison is just the most smiley little girl I've ever seen. She seems so happy through anything. Whether she's starving to death or sick with a fever, ear infection AND pink eye the girl is all smiles. Jackson, on the other hand, can make me laugh all day long. I need to write down all the funny little things he tells me. This week has been full of them: "cool dude", "no, not really" and my favorite... Gram was watching him Wed night while Nate & I went to see Blue Man Group. Jackson wanted a banana and Gram asked him if he could eat the whole banana and he responds- "yes. surprise, surprise...". He also said that to me in a funny context the other day. He will hear me say something one day and save it for days later- or even weeks. And he says it in the correct manner! There isn't very much that can make me smile at 2am in the morning. A smiley little girl and a hippo hidden in my Kleenex box have been 2 things this week that have.

No comments: